Community members sample “Musical Theatre”
Channel your inner star with The Arts Partnership’s performing arts classes “Explore the Arts!”
Each course runs Feb 10 to March 10, meeting once per week.
Separate programming is available for youth and teens. Classes must have a minimum of 6 participants. Each age group will have the opportunity to register for the following five-week courses:
- Grades 1-5: Train the acting tools your child already has– their body, voice, and imagination – to physically express ideas, transform into multi-dimensional characters, and tell stories. Through a variety of theatre games and exercises, your child will gain skills in creative thinking and working together as a team, building confidence in themselves and the craft of acting.
- Grades 6-12: Students will learn to bring the written word to life, such as poems, monologues and short scenes by developing their oral interpretation and acting skills. A small showcase of work in progress of their pieces will be given the last session.
- Musical Theatre:
- Grades 1-5: In this class, students will explore songs from popular musicals through singing and dancing. Students will learn and rehearse music and choreography with a short performance at the end to showcase what they learned. An emphasis will be put on fun, teamwork and discovery! This is an exciting opportunity to work with a professional choreographer and performer/director.
- Grades 6-12: Develop your singing, dancing and acting skills in the execution of ensemble numbers from beloved musicals. Work with a choreographer and vocal coach to strengthen dance technique and vocal quality while portraying emotional range and depth of character.
Stage Make Up Class:
- Grades 9-12: Makeup is a necessity to becoming a character on stage. From plays to musicals, stage makeup helps improve the an actor/actress’s ability to perform as the stage lights can make an actor/actress look pale and emotionless. In this class you will strengthen your make up skills, and learn new basics to making a variety of characters. Some topics include, old age make up, basic everyday stage make up, fantasy and injury make up. Get ready to have some fun and become a variety of characters.
Course fees are $125 per person per course. All classes are held at Marathon Center for the Performing Arts. No make-up days will be scheduled for inclement weather and no refunds will be issued after classes have begun.